Sunday, March 8, 1936, seventy-six people assembled at the Castleberry School House to worship together and formed the Castleberry church of Christ. In May 1936, the group purchased a lot at 5550 Baylor Street in Fort Worth and in August 1936 began constructing a building.
In September 1936, the church began meeting in the building before it was completed; for a while, the building had only dirt floors. As time passed, the church grew in number and needed a larger building. In 1951, construction began on a building at 1025 Merritt Street, where the church still meets today. In 1953, a parallel wing was added to the building to provide classrooms for Bible study.
For several years, the church had two Sunday morning worship services to accommodate the large number. By February 1959, the number had grown to the extent that some members decided to start another local church, which today is the West Side church in Westworth Village.
In 2014, ongoing efforts began to repair and modernize our aging classroom wing.